Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Apology from Acme Coffee & Gifts

I was hoping to make a new announcement about a new location where WrecktAngle apparel would be displayed but unfortunately it seems the Acme Coffee & Gifts dream is over.

I moved to Oregon in 2005 with the purpose of helping my mom open urban-humor retail store. The idea was to create something fresh, unlike what was in the current marketplace. Our temporary location in Washington Square was a big hit, so we had high hopes of continuing the success outside the mall setting.

It seemed only natural to mix good humored gifts with highly caffeinated drinks, so my mom decided to open a hybrid coffee/gift shop in the fall of 2006. Like some sort of nervous uncle, I watched the birth and subsequent growth of the store. The store made my mother proud and I was happy that she had her own creative outlet which seemed destine for success.

But like so many small businesses, the stress & financial burden has become to much for my mother and step-father so Acme will closing probably next week. We hope that someone will by the store and continue the tradition. The store has really turned around into something profitable but its too little too late for my mother.

Blah - I didn't mean to turn this into a eulogy, but I just wanted to apologize to the WrecktAngle community because we had very high hopes of nice little union between the two companies.

Adios

No comments:

GetWreckt.com